Mon | 26.02.2018
Meet Mircea Moga, Vice President Commercial & Logistics, Mega Image – Ahold Delhaize Group
Born in Bucharest, 51 years old, married and proud father of two girls. I am a flexible, adaptable, passionate and extremely hardworking individual, open to learn new things and willing to accept new challenges all the time. I graduated Electro-technics at “Polytechnic” University Bucharest and I’ve got multiple specializations in IT, logistics, commercial, leadership and management.
I’m working for Mega Image for the last 21 years and I’ve been responsible during the years, as Executive Committee member, for different business areas, gaining a lot of experience in food retail and in the related domains.
I started in IT in 1997, managing the IT organization, implementing several big IT projects, such as the implementation of the first ERP and IT Corporate solutions. After six years I accepted a new challenge, being responsible with the logistics operations, setting up the logistics operations in Romania, opening the first Mega Image DC and implementing the first WMS. After four years in logistics I moved to store operations, as Retail Store Operations Director, where I developed the store operations organization, starting in 2008 with 40 stores and reaching 410 stores in 2015, and being involved in several projects and launching new store concepts. Three years ago I accepted a new challenge, to manage the Commercial and Logistics activities, as Vice President Commercial and Logistics.
Mega Image is part of Ahold Delhaize, Group that was formed in July 2016 from the merger of Ahold and Delhaize Group, retail innovators for almost 150 years. Our local brands employ more than 370,000 associates in 6,500 local grocery, small format and specialty stores.
We are currently collaborating successfully in Romania with a lot of Dutch companies in different domains and based on this experience I see a lot of opportunities in enhancing the Dutch and Romanian business relation. I feel that I can contribute in this direction, to support and promote the further development of NRCC.
- Romanian nationality, working in the Food Retail environment
- 21 years’ experience in Food Retail and related domains
- Experience in working with Dutch companies and organizations
- Experienced management professional in the Commercial, Logistics, Retail Operations and IT field
- Currently managing and responsible for the Commercial and Logistics activities of Mega Image, one of the most successful supermarket chain in Romania
- To contribute to the development of the NRCC community, supporting and promoting Dutch – Romanian businesses
- To use my personal and professional skills and network in identifying and activating new business opportunities for the NRCC members, strengthening the Dutch-Romanian business relation