Fri | 22.06.2018
1. Dear André, firstly, please introduce yourself briefly.
My name is Adrianus Muit, Dutch by birth but I also feel to be a Romanian after more than 20 years since Betania was born. My friends and colleagues are calling me André, or even Andrei, so I think that they do consider me as one of them, one of the Romanians that I love working with.
2. How did you find out about NRCC and what determined you to apply as a Member?
Since I am Dutch and there are not that many of us in Romania, we like to keep in touch. So, when NRCC was born, I was one of those who found out about that, almost from the very beginning.
3. Betania Association is now active for over 20 years. For many, Bacau means Betania. What does that mean for you?
It means fulfillment mostly. Because those 20 years were not easy ones, but in the same time those were fascinating, beautiful years. And it means pride as well, even if it is quite a sin. But I cannot say that I`m not proud of what we did at Betania. And there is one more thing that I would like to say: we have created new, higher standards on social services. Betania had to be and had become an gauge among other NGO`s. Nothing unprofessional is accepted at Betania because we have to be the best!
4. Through the diversity of projects supported and initiated by Asociatia Betania, what future plans do you have ongoing or ready to develop in the near future?
We will keep focusing on improving our services for children with autism, for the youth that need a change in their lives, and of course we want to expand some of those services. We are also planning to build a Kids Farm near Bacau, a place of joy where we intend to hire people with disabilities and we want to continue our health investment project, by building another dispensary in the rural area of Bacau County.
5. If you were to describe NRCC in one sentence, what would it be?
One sentence or one word? Hmmm... Professionals. NRCC is that place where professionals can meet, plan and implement.
6. As a final note, please send a message to our members.
I want to express my gratitude for the members of NRCC. Some of them are amazing friends for Betania and as well for Betania’s beneficiaries. Hopefully, this wonderful partnership will extend and for sure, together, we will keep doing what we do: changing lives.
Contact: Asociatia Betania Bacau